IndustriAll Europe congratulates Birleşik Metal-İş and all workers who supported the collective bargaining negotiations to secure better working conditions. They demonstrated that collective bargaining efforts together with determination can turn what first appears as a struggle into a great success story for us all! stated Luc Triangle, General Secretary.
By Monday (23 January), following discussions in Ankara with the Ministry of Labour, the collective bargaining negotiations showed concrete results. Birleşik Metal-İş union representatives and the Electromechanical Employers' Association (EMIS) came to an agreement over wages increase, social benefits, overtime pay, and further benefits.
At the end of the day Birleşik Metal-İş and the Electromechanical Employers' Association signed an agreement securing the following:
- An increase of 1,2 Turkish Lira (0.32$ US) + 7% in hourly wages for the first 6 months of the agreement. On average, this means an 18.5% increase. In the following 12 months, there will be an increase of inflation rate plus 1%.
- The duration of the agreement will be 2 years rather than 3 years as employers had demanded.
- An increase of 27% in social benefits.
- Overtime pay will be 200% on religious holidays.
- Paid leave on the International Day for Disabled People.
- Private health insurance for all workers at ABB.