industriAll Europe, which represents 7 million workers across Europe, will have a strong presence among the 10,000 people expected to take part in the demonstration organisation by the European Trade Union Congress.
The march, which begins at the European Parliament and ends at the European Commission, will call on EU leaders to stop fuelling populists with austerity policies and instead put workers and citizens first through a more social Europe.
industriAll Europe General Secretary Luc Triangle said:
“We need a fairer EU after next month’s elections to end the growing inequality in Europe, between member states but also in each country, which is fuelling a rise in populism.
“We need to reconnect Europe with millions of workers who lost confidence in the project during the austerity that followed the financial crisis with ambitious new social policies.
“We believe in Europe, we are in favour of Europe, but Europe must change and create social progress for all.”
industriAll Europe’s manifesto for the EU elections specifically calls for:•
- Jobs: Access for all to standard full-time open-ended contracts and a pay rise for workers across the EU to ensure they get a fair share of the wealth they’re generating.
- Social: Concrete and swift implementation of the principles of the European Pillar of Social Rights as part of an end to austerity and the creation of a reliable social safety net.
- Democracy: That collective bargaining of wages and working conditions be enforced along with the right to information, consultation and participation in company decisions.
- Manufacturing: A ‘Made in Europe’ industrial strategy that creates badly needed jobs and puts industry at the forefront of tackling societal challenges like climate change.
- Environment: A ‘Just Transition’ to a low-carbon economy which ensures that ambitious environment policies are matched by ambitious social policies.
You can read the full manifesto in English, French and German here: https://news.industriall-europe.eu/c/manifesto-2019