The first of our European election demands is quality jobs for all.
We need quality jobs with good wages, job security, safe and healthy workplaces and a high level of social protection. Time has come to end the ‘bad job recovery’ with the increase of precarious work and in-work poverty. The current recovery offers a unique opportunity to replace the neoliberal mantra that ‘any job is better than no job’ with a European strategy for ‘more but better jobs’.
industriAll Europe demands:
- A pay rise to allow workers across the EU to get their fair share in generated wealth and to support the economy.
- To combat wage competition and the persistent wage gaps within the EU. Where necessary a minimum wage which corresponds to a living wage should be set up.
- To strengthen Collective Bargaining Systems as the best way to tackle inequalities, guarantee good wages and working conditions for the benefit of the many not the few.
- To ensure equal opportunities for all and tackling discrimination on labour markets.
- To end in-work poverty and the exploitation of workers.
- Tokeep older workers in the workplace.
- To support a swift integration of migrants into the labour markets.
- To regulate the gig economy and platform work. In particular, all workers must have access to good working conditions and a decent level of social protection irrespective of their employment contract.
- To offer a job guarantee to all workers that lost their job.
You can read our full manifesto in: English - French - German and support our manifesto by clicking here.